WATCH THE PODCAST 📺
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST 🎧
James Perdue | Sudden Paralysis, Steadfast Perseverance, & the ABC’s of Overcoming Depression | E65
Have you heard the one about the young athlete already being drafted to pro baseball his freshman year of college, but broke his next and became paralyzed while playing a recreational game of football with some classmates? You know, the one where his whole life was changed in a split second on the last play of the game due to a late and illegal hit? Despite his body being broken though, through perseverance and a positive mental outlook, he is now an active coach, teacher, speaker, and podcast host today. Remarkable Ladies and Gentlemen around the world, welcome to the Dr. James Perdue story!
On September 11, 1983, James became a quadriplegic, dislocating three vertebra in his neck, from playing a football game. The doctor said, “James, I’m sorry. You’ll never walk again and you might be paralyzed from your neck down.” Later, the doctor advised his family to place him in a nursing home; he would be too much of a burden for them to take care.
Dr. James Perdue, Professor of Perseverance, worked hard to achieve success as a teacher and coach. He has been awarded Fox 17 Top Teacher of the Week 2005, Teacher of the Year 2002, as well as, Coach of the Year 2006 and 2000. He received the Jo Andrews Award 1995 and the Hal Ramer Award 1991 both for overcoming adversity.
- “Just one more play.” – Dr. James Perdue
EPISODE PROUDLY SPONSORED BY:
- Butler’s Auto Recycling, Used & New Auto Parts – Nationwide Service | Phone 850.478.8500
- Lloyd’s Glass, Auto Glass Professionals and Vehicle Calibration Services – Florida | Phone 800.724.5277
SHOW NOTES: SPECIAL OFFERS, LINKS, GUEST CONTACT INFO, & OTHER RESOURCES MENTIONED:
- Website: https://professorofperseverance.com/index.html
- Professor of Perseverance Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/professor-perseverance-podcast-motivation-inspiration/id1518353436
- Receive a free mini-course and EBook – Your Past Doesn’t Have A Future, but You Do! Click Here Now! https://professorofperseverance.com/index.html
EPISODE CORE THEMES & MENTIONS:
- Core Themes:perseverance, paralysis, paralyzed, paraplegic, invincibility, overcoming depression, depression, forgiveness, adversity, battling, conquer the challenge, coaching, God, family, supporting cast, 5 stages of grief, self limiting beliefs, September 11th, tackle football injuries, one more play, late hit, professional athlete, widow, childhood poverty
- Mentions: Emma Pasqualone, James Sisco, John Bentley, NSA
HOW TO SUPPORT THE REMARKABLE PEOPLE PODCAST:
- Subscribe, Rate, & Review us on YouTube, Apple, Spotify, and all of your favorite Podcast Player(s)
- Share the podcast with your family, friends, co-workers, church, and on your social media pages
- Shop our store and support your favorite podcast, guest, and charities around the world
- Sponsor or Donate what you can financially to the podcast and help us continue to reach people around the world with the Remarkable true life stories that inspire us all to grow, feel purpose, and fulfill it!
HAVE A QUESTION?
THE NOT-SO-FINE-PRINT DISCLAIMER:
While we are very thankful for all of our guests, please understand that we do not necessarily hold, or endorse the same beliefs, views, and positions that they may have. We respectfully agree to disagree in some areas and thank God for the blessing and privilege of freewill.