Ever look in the mirror and wondered what happened to you? Do you feel disgusted and angry at yourself for allowing the bad past decisions in life that led you to where you are today? Tired of making excuses for why you are not who you could be and should be?
Well, if you are ready to stop blaming others and take control of your life situation, let’s do this! I am too!!
Starting right now (not tomorrow, not after the holidays, not for the new year), we are going to:
- Envision who we (and God) wants us to be,
- Make the decision to be the person we (and God) want us to be,
- Layout a realistic and workable plan to achieve that goal, and
- Start working!
It doesn’t matter if it’s a physical goal, a professional goal, or a relational goal- all goal achievement starts with a vision (Proverbs 29:18), a decision (Proverbs 16:3), a plan (Psalm 37:23-24), and a lot of hard work and discipline (Colossians 3:17, 4:17).
So if you are ready to be who God really made you to be, keep reading.
If you are telling yourself right now that you can’t, you have no discipline, tried before and failed and it will happen again, it’s not a convenient time right now, or that you really don’t want to, then you are right. If you don’t believe in you, and the power that God gave you that is inside of you (1 John 4:4; Philippians 4:13), then you are self-sabotaging yourself, poised for failure, and a half-hearted attempt at anything will further disappoint you 99% of the time.
Please Note: Don’t deceive yourself and think you’re the exception. If you are thinking that, you’re not.
Saying all that, while you are always welcome on this site and we hope that something clicks and positively changes your life forever, if you’re not ready for real change right now it may be in your best interest that you spend your time doing something else that is profitable and will help you grow. Because like the name of this site, you’re either going to choose Growth or excuses to live your life by. And while we want to help everyone, we can only help those who are ready to help themselves. If you are not committed to changing yourself, then there is nothing that we or anyone else on this planet can do. In fact, non-committed attempts that you take will just lead you to further failure, discouragement, and possibly depression. So be real with yourself, honest with your commitment level, and fight for those results you are looking for!
Using the simple 4-steps above, here’s my renewed physical commitment as an example to help you get started (2 Corinthians 4:16). Bookmark this page, set a reminder for the future to check in, and contact me through the comments section below down the road to keep me accountable. And if you’d like, let me know your goals and I’ll try to keep you accountable too.
It’s how God intended life to be! (Proverbs 27:17)
Dave’s Physical Goal Sample:
- Vision: To be “Fit” and healthy based on my body type, not someone else’s (*See the chart I made for myself below)
- Decision: I am “Fit”. This “Fat” guy in the mirror isn’t me. He is unhealthy and not who God made me to be.
- Plan: What is it going to take to get there?
- Time at the gym (day)
- Meal planning and prep (evening)
- Physical (5 days per week in gym):
- Cardio 4x’s per week for 25-40 minutes
- HIIT Weight Training 3x’s per week
- Mental: Remind myself of my goal and benefits of it everyday, multiple times a day
- Physical: Eat controlled portions and clean foods
- Use tools such as My Fitness Pal and IIFYM to track intake
- Expect aches, pains, and injuries and work around them- No excuses!
- Emotional: Have a motivational playlist ready of songs and speakers that fire me up
- A pre-workout playlist to get me ready to grow
- A workout playlist that pushes me through the workout
- A “pump” playlist for those intense days when I push beyond what my mind lied to me about as my limits
- Go public with my goal and have friends like you keep me accountable!
- Do! Work the plan. No excuses, just GROWTH and Results! (James 1:22)
Hope this article helps you on your journey through life. Please stay in touch and let’s do this journey called life together and help everyone we can on the way.
You can do this!
Choose GROWTH not excuses and share your story below now!
*This chart is something I made for myself based on my body style, shape, and density. I started this journey above the “Fat” classification. Right now I’m “Fluffy”. Do not follow these parameters or any others without first consulting your doctor. I am not a medical professional, nor do I play one on T.V. So make sure whatever you do is right for you, safe, and not for someone else.
|Dave’s Weight Classification||Weight Range (lbs)||Body Fat Percent (%)|