For over 67 years, Neighborhood Bible Time (a.k.a. NBT) has been reaching the head, the heart, and the home for Christ and His church by delivering Truth, Love, and clean fun with a purpose throughout the world. To date over 2 MILLION boys and girls ages 7-19 have attended these summer time rallies. Affectionately NBT is commonly referred to as, “vacation bible school on steroids”. With a recorded 200,000+ individuals making a decision to trust Jesus as their savior, and countless others making life decisions to follow Christ and draw closer to God, NBT continues to expand across the globe while training young men invaluable life lessons, leadership principles, and personal accountability and discipline. Listen to Dave and Noah reminisce about just some of the life lessons they learned through NBT, Charles Homsher, Tim Tutton, and their adventures traveling two summers as evangelists with the organization. Then, meet Larry Koontz, NBT’s executive director, in a special interview explaining where the ministry is heading this summer and how you can get involved. All this and more in the Remarkable Peoples Podcast’s first ministry spotlight episode- The NBT Story!
“Enthusiasm breeds enthusiasm.” – Charles B. Homsher
“What is the most valuable use of my time right now?” – unknown
“God has a special purpose for you.”– Tim Tutton
NOAH’S GUEST BIO:
Noah is a Jesus follower, husband, father, son, son-in-law, brother, brother-in-law and uncle. He has a strong commitment to personal growth and desires to lead his family into a deeper relationship with each other and with Jesus. He, his wife and two children live in Kentucky. As they have the time, they venture out as often as possible in their travel trailer to explore as much of the United States as possible.
CONNECT WITH NOAH:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/noahyoung/
LARRY’S GUEST BIO:
After several years of serving as a layperson, Larry Koontz became the children’s pastor at Bethel Baptist Church in 1998. In February of 2003, God called him to serve as Director of Neighborhood Bible Time. Brother Koontz thoroughly enjoys training young men for ministry, helping local churches with outreach and evangelism, and discipling children and teens. Larry and his wife, Nancy, have been married for 35 years. They have 2 daughters and 4 grandchildren, and they serve together at NBT.
CONNECT WITH LARRY:
- Facebook: Facebook.com/NBTime
LINKS, BOOKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED:
- NBT Website: NBTime.org
- Toll Free Phone Number: 800-737-6613
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CONNECT WITH DAVE:
- Facebook: http://Facebook.com/davepasqualone
- LinkedIn: http://Linkedin.com/in/dpasqualone
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DavePasqualone
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/davidpasqualone/
EPISODE CORE THEMES, TAGS, AND MENTIONS:
- Keywords: NBT, Neighborhood Bible Time, Time Management, Priorities, Children’s Ministry, VBS, Vacation Bible School, Branding, Conversational Prayer, Purpose, Living Sacrifice, Biblical Manhood, Masculinity, Getting out of your comfort zone, Love, Worth, podcast, stories, RPP, remarkable people podcast, inspiration, motivation, personal development, hope, self help, personal growth, fun
- Mentions: Charles B. Homsher, Tim Tutton, Noah Young, Larry Kootzn, Janice Homsher, Ma Homsher, James Barnett, Seth Myers, Collin Deathrage, Paul Romig, Steven Covey, David Teis, PCC, Pensacola Christian College
ENJOYING THE PODCAST?
Please Subscribe, Rate, and Review us on Apple, Google, or your favorite podcast directory. It only takes seconds and really makes a powerful difference in us booking remarkable guests and sponsors for you to enjoy and benefit from.
INTERESTED IN SPONSORING THE PODCAST?
Please check out DavidPasqualone.com/SponsorInfo
THE NOT-SO-FINE-PRINT DISCLAIMER:
While we are very appreciative of our guests, please understand that we do not agree with all of their views and positions. Thankfully we live in a country that protects our freedoms and allows us to practice the constitutional right of free speech, and the universal gift of God’s free will. That’s it, the whole disclaimer. Now go and enjoy another episode! 🙂